Make sure you read my heart-felt post today about changing your perspective on the little things in life that may cause you frustration. It’s a good one! I promise! Click HERE to get there! Don’t forget to subscribe in a reader if you’re new here! I’d love to have you around more often!
This week was full of unbelievable reads. There was no way that I could narrow down this list of featured post into just five of my top choices for the week. I tried not to go too overboard, but I wanted to share all of these. Each one of these posts spoke to my heart in a different way this week, and each one of them deserves to be read [and reread]. Enjoy!
* Can you come out and play? by Lisa @ Graceful Abandon: Talk about a gut-wrencher and a heart holder? This post hit me like a sack of bricks and I loved every single second of it. Make sure you read it with an open mind and an open heart, because it’s sure to bring an awakening to your mindset.
* For Aspiring Writers by Brooke @ A Life in Need of Change: While Brooke address writer’s specifically in the title of her post, this is really written for anyone and everyone who is looking to make something of their life and struggling with comparing themselves with others. I want to strongly encourage all of you who are taking part in Project 16:9 to read this post. It goes hand in hand with everything we have and will be talking about.
* The Best way to get better at Photography by Darcy @ My 3 Boybarians: I chose to share this post with you guys after receiving an email from someone saying that they wanted to buy the same camera I did because they liked my pictures. :::Pause for moment of cricket chirping::: Darcy’s post is full of real and practical information on how to really improve your photography skills.
* I’m not a hater, I just watch a lot by Natalie @ Little Things: This post made me laugh out loud! Natalie address the pros and cons of modern day children’s cartoons and why they do [or don’t] drive her crazy. Go read this one…because if you’ve ever sat and watched more then 5 minutes of cartoons, you’ll agree with at least one of these things. Wanna do the “hot dog dance” anyone?
* How to Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon: Okay. So the guy isn’t really talking about stealing other people’s ideas and passing them off as your own. It’s a creative post about pursuing what you enjoy, creating what you love, and finding inspiration along the way. My favorite part of his post? He quotes Ecclesiastes and points out that no idea, is a new idea.
* Living Examples by Arielle @ A Beautiful Journey: This post really screamed out at me when I read it. It’s one thing to read the word, meditate on the word and pray. But we’re called to do so, so much more than that. We’re called to be examples of Christ and his love and sacrifice. This is truly one of my favorite posts to date.
* The End of Day Crankies by Shell @ Things I Can’t Say: This post reminded me so much of myself and my attitude when the sun goes down (okay, not necessarily…because the sun doesn’t go down here until almost 10:00 and I’m almost always in bed by then). But this post is written so honestly and so well about how the little things in our lives can cause more frustration than they should…and how we need to change our perspective.
I’m sure that there are more from this week that I could include on my list, but to ensure that each of you has a chance to read these posts and visit these listed, I’ll stop the list here. I hope you guys have a fantastic Friday! Don’t forget to grab your button [if you’re interested in blog bling!]