My lovely bloggy friend Beth P. has tagged me in a super fun Christmas Meme! She actually tagged me last week and I have only now gotten around to remembering to do it. 🙂 Oops. So anywho…here ya’ go!
1. Have you started your Christmas Shopping? Oh yes. I am actually completely finished. [Unless you count the Christmas cards I am planning to try to mail our families…haven’t gotten those yet.]
2. Tell me about one of your special Traditions. Hmm…we don’t really have yet. Little man isn’t quite big enough to get into gift opening and cookie making. But I did make some Christmas candies from my grandmother’s recipes. Yummy! And we are also going to the Christmas Eve service at church.
3. When do you put up your Tree? As soon after Thanksgiving as possible. Usually the weekend.
4. Are you a Black Friday Shopper? I didn’t this year. I’m sure that when Noah gets older and starts wanting those “popular toys” that you have to break your neck to get, I will be.
5. Do you Travel at Christmas or Stay home? Last year we traveled. We went back to Alabama for a very long 10 days. This year, for the sake of our sanity, we have opted to stay at home. And we are thrilled.
6. What is your funniest Christmas memory? Hmm…I can’t really recall any. I remember my dad going all “Clark Griswald” and decorating every inch of our house and property. I wish I had pictures of that. It was insane.
7. What is your favorite Christmas Movie? National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. Without question. That is by far the funniest Christmas movie ever. We have watched it probably more than a dozen times since Thanksgiving.
8. Do you do your own Christmas baking? What is your favorite treat? I did this year because we haven’t been home for the holidays. I bake cookies and cakes and little random candy treats. [Cheese straws and cornflake candy…I didn’t try my hand at divinity this year.
9. Fake or Real Tree? We got a fake one again this year. When we move and live somewhere COLD where it actually FEELS like Christmas, we will get a real one. But right now, when it’s about 75 degrees every day, I am not feeling up to a real one.
10. What day does the actual panic set in to get it all done? I don’t know. I haven’t really gotten antsy about anything. I was ready to do the tree, but that was about it. I finished my shopping and have plans made for Christmas Eve supper. Other than that, no need to worry! 🙂
11. Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve? Nope. My wrapping is DONE!
12. What is your favorite family fun time at Christmas? I guess just opening presents and watching Christmas movies. And eating. I love the eating. 🙂
13. What Christmas craft do you like best? I haven’t really done any but as Noah gets a little bigger I look forward to making our own ornaments. And Gingerbread houses. And cookies.
14. Christmas music? Eh..if it’s on the radio. I don’t keep it playing all the time.
15.) When do you plan to finish all your shopping? Can I brag again and say that I am FINISHED?! Haha 🙂
I am supposed to pass this on to 5 other bloggers, but since I love you all soooo much, I am going to pass this on to any and everyone that wants to play along!