I haven’t done one of these posts in a while (the whole tagging someone and answering questions thing, that is). But, since I seem to be lacking in creativity lately and I’m pretty sure my readers are bored to tears, I thought I’d give this a go. Who doesn’t love a good interview now and then? My friend Meagan tagged me in this and the rules are:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the post of the person who tagged you.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
I’m not a big stickler for rules, so we’ll see how I do with number six. Ahem…
What was your favorite class in high school?
English. Hands down. I was a nerd in high school (straight A’s and a few scattered B’s from the time I started school), but I especially loved my High School English teacher. She was one of those teachers that pushed me to do more than just what was required, offering critique and insight of a lot of my writing and encouraging me to write a novel some day. I enjoyed History, too.
What college teams do you cheer for? Football, basketball or both?
This should come as no surprise to anyone who reads my blog, or has been reading for any amount of time. We are die hard Alabama Crimson Tide fans in this house. I really only get into College Football and occasionally enjoy watching March Madness, but the husband? He loves every bit of it. We watch the College Softball World Series every year, too.
Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
It’s funny that you ask, because two years ago, I would have told you too cold. Now that we’ve lived in Alaska for a year and a half and have endured one of the longest and nastiest winters in Alaska’s history, I’m going to retract that statement and say too hot. Because right now? Even the idea of 100 degree temperatures back home with a pool or a lake nearby seems more appealing than the still frozen ground and 30 degree temperatures that are looming outside.
Do you follow the no white before Easter rule?
Not really. I don’t even know if I own anything white (other than a few shirts) so it’s one of those things that’s just kind of moot. I don’t know a lot of people who actually still do, though. To me the whole no white thing is a bit outdated. I mean, if Lady GaGa can get by wearing some of those get ups she wears, I don’t think a pair of white sandals a few weeks before Easter is really going to make a difference.
Do you watch TV shows live or recorded?
We actually just cut our cable off last week, but I generally watched my shows recorded on either the DVR or Hulu. I watch most of my shows when Noah is napping or the husband is gone to work. I like fast-forwarding through commercials and enjoying the drama in silence.
Do you open your mail right away or let it pile up?
I open it right away. The husband does the mail checking every afternoon when he gets off work (unless I’m expecting a fun new package), and since we mostly get bills anyway, I open them up and file them until it’s pay day.
Would you rather do laundry or go grocery shopping?
Ummm, grocery shopping. Hands down. I *hate* laundry. Hate it. As of right now, there are five loads of clothes in baskets and on top of the dryer waiting to be folded and put away. I should probably do that….at some point.
Do you prefer to watch movies at home or in the theater?
That depends. We don’t see movies out here in Alaska very often. Partly because the theater in town only has one screen and shows one or two movies at a time (one at 7:00 and one at 9:00 or 9:30ish). Plus, throw in the fact that we don’t typically leave Noah with anyone except family….which we don’t have out here…and you’d see why we don’t get out much. I do head out to some of the bigger shows with girlfriends every so often. Went with some friends to see The Help, Breaking Dawn and tonight we’re heading out to see The Hunger Games. But usually, we just wait for them to come out on video.
Do you like summer or winter?
Neither. 21 years of heat and humidity in Alabama and Florida and almost 2 years of cold and ice in Alaska? Give me somewhere with SPRING or FALL. Either one works but I’m over extreme seasons.
What’s your favorite holiday?
Christmas. Without a doubt. Some of my fondest memories growing up are of the holiday season. I love Christmas Shopping, decorations, and all of the yummy food that gets cooked throughout the holidays.
What inspires you?
Pretty Pictures, my family. A good book. A favorite quote. I’m constantly in search of new inspiration.
Alright. Now on to my 11 questions:
- If you could go on vacation anywhere (with money not being an issue), where would it be?
- What would you do with a million dollars?
- The Hunger Games, Twilight or Harry Potter? Why?
- Ghosts: real or not real?
- What’s one things you would change about yourself if you could?
- What’s the one thing that your spouse does that drives you absolutely nuts?
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
- What’s your “escape?” When things get chaotic at home or work, what do you do for down time?
- Favorite movie of all time.
- There was an episode of Friends where everyone made a list of five famous people that they could cheat on their boyfriend/girlfriend with, without that person getting mad. I’m not condoning cheating, but what 5 famous people make you a little weak in the knees? Fess up. You know there’s a few….
- Scariest thing you’ve ever experienced.
And, since I can’t post without a photo, here’s a little cuteness to kick of your weekend: