I did it again.
Missed two weeks or so of Spotlight Saturday. But, I think I have more than made up for it this week. Just because I don’t get around to posting these blogs every single week, doesn’t mean that I’m not reading and taking notes on what’s going on in the blog world. There were some fantastic posts over the last few weeks, so I wanted to make sure to share them ALL with you. If you have time, make sure you check them out and tell them I sent you.
And make sure you check back here later today for the announcement of this Quarter’s Still Life Standout Winner!
- A Tribute to You by Jessica @ Four Plus an Angel: Need a good cry? Or a reminder that life is the most precious and perfect gift on this Earth? Go read this post. It’s guaranteed to change your perspective a little bit and leave you hugging on and loving your kids just a tiny bit more than you were before you read it.
- How Did I Get Here? by Katja @ Skimbaco Life: We’ve all had those moments where we feel like we might have missed the boat on life. Moments where we wonder if maybe we made some wrong choices and went down a path that we never really wanted to be on. Life is funny like that. And Katja does a pretty phenomenal job at knocking out that mentality in this post.
- Are you a Writer? by Annie @ Annie’s Musings: Some of you might have seen my tweet the other night where I announced that I was officially starting on my first novel. Not reading my first novel as someone pointed. Hehe. But actually taking the plunge and writing one. I’ve always heard that there is a difference between being a “blogger” and being a “writer.” Make sure you check this post out. Annie puts up a very legitimate argument for the defense here.
- What I Said at Blog Sugar by Jeannett @ Life Rearranged: This post is one of those posts. You know, the ones that smack you in the face and give you a big, fat giant gut check? Yeah. That kind. Jeannett reminds us all in this post that these blogs we write, these social media accounts we are addicted to…they are a resource. They have a purpose and can be used as great tools. If you don’t read anything else today, read this one.
- Strength in Waiting by Barbie @ My Freshly Brewed Life: I love when God speaks to me through someone else’s words and writing. It makes me happy; and it’s always just another one of those great reassurances that YES he hears me and knows my heart. Barbie’s post felt like a weight lifting off my shoulders. You know how hard it can get when you pray and pray and pray and feel like you aren’t getting anywhere or being heard? This was God’s way of telling me that he was hearing me. And that I just need to hold onto my faith. And wait.
- Drying his Tears by Kimberly @ Mama’s Monologues: Kids are mean. And can be cruel and hurtful. And as mother’s, nothing bothers us more or hurts us more than to see our children sad. Kimberly wrote a beautiful post, from her sons perspective, on how hurtful children can be. Grab your kleenex before you read this.