I missed last weeks Spotlight Saturday (kind of like I missed last week iPhoneography…ahem…), and truthfully didn’t even get a chance to read some of the posts that I missed. But, you guys have been crazy busy writing amazing content this week! I had a hard time narrowing my list down to just a few to share because there were so many…but I didn’t want to overwhelm you and I want you guys to take a few minutes to actually visit these bloggers and read their posts. Enjoy!
- Why I will Never be a Big Blogger by Katie @ Sluiter Nation: I’ve been back and forth on figuring out what I want for my blog in the future. My numbers continue to grow and I keep meeting really amazing and awesome friends here in the blog world. But, will I ever be a big blogger? I’m still not sure. This post was great, if for no other reason, than because it made me question my own intentions and blogging goals.
- Searching for Words by Laura @ Mommy Miracles: I’ve been struggling and battling these same thoughts for a few months. I talk a lot about the importance of finding some sort of passion outside of parenting. It’s hard to muster the energy and the courage to go after what you want. Make sure you read this post…really, really encouraging.
- What I wish I would have known before starting my Business by Monica @ Pixel Perfect: Even though I don’t blog about business practices or anything like that, I know that there are a lot of people who read my blog who are either getting ready to start a business or have just started one (whether it’s a photography business, a design business or a shop of some kind), I always appreciate a little bit of sound advice from those who have been there before me.
- Beauty in Blogging by Brittany @ Mommy Words: Aside from the hopes of becoming the next Pioneer Woman or striking it big as an ambassador for some remarkable company…there is a real purpose and a real passion behind these screens we sit at each day. There are real friendships, real stories, real emotions that go into our blogs and our words. This post was so, so beautiful and it did my heart good to read about the love and outpouring of support Brittany received through her blog during her time of grief.
- Blogging & The Benefits of Brutal Honesty by Robin @ Farewell, Stranger (as shared on Theta Mom): I know, I know…another “blogging” post, but it was too good not to share. I’m a big fan of Robin’s blog as it is, so it was exciting to see her sharing on Theta Mom. This post, like a few of the others I’ve already mentioned, really shows how important and vital blogging with integrity and brutal truth can lead to amazing opportunities and real friendships within the realm of the blogosphere.
And, because I’ve been super busy writing fabulous posts this week, make sure you check these out, too (if you haven’t already)…
- 5 Truths of Parenting
- On Disappointing our Children
- This months Still Life Standouts Linkup!
- The Dandelion Dream Giveaway
- And my guest post for Jessica @ Freckles and Dirt—Why is faith Hard?