I’m guest posting today over at The Mom Diggity about life, and summer, here in Alaska. KK has put together a fun series about summer vacations and everything that goes with it, spotlighting various bloggers and showing off how they spent their summer. Make sure to check her out!
Another great week this week! Staying busy, trying to find a balance between working, keeping a manageable household, and spending time with my little guy. It’s busy, and it’s been crazy chaotic, but I’m managing. You guys have offered up some pretty great posts this week, as well. Make sure you take some time to visit these fabulous sites and tell them I sent you!
- A Letter to Myself by Nichole @ In These Small Moments: You guys know I’m all about the small stuff and remembering the things in life that matter the most. This post stirred some pretty significant emotions within me. I love when other people pour their hearts out and give their readers a little insight into their lives. Nichole’s post was started with the idea of what would happen should she one day lose her memory. This post is beautiful, guys. Go read it. For real.
- It Matters by Allison @ Mama Wants This: Blogging is a force, people. It’s really hard to explain it to people who have never been a part of the blogging community or met some of their best friends online. But, the fact of the matter is that just like in real life, people get hurt. Blogging is a two way street. And the golden rule still applies here in the virtual realm of existence. Great post on how to carry out good bloggy karma and a be a genuine blog friend.
- Looks Matter by Amy @ Be Better Branding: This is a new site for me and I can’t really even remember how I stumbled over this direction, but this was the first blog I saw and it immediately caught my eye. Amy’s blog is about branding and identity building, and this post in particular talks about our appearance (physically) and what it reveals about us as individuals. While I’m not an advocate for placing people into the “you’re pretty and you’re not” category, I do believe that what we look like reflects who we are. If you’re unkempt and look like you never shower, I’m probably going to assume that you have zero self-respect. Just Saying.
- Clean by Kathryn @ Our Tiny Big Life: I can’t even put into words how much I loved and needed this post. Sometimes I really wish life had one of those giant Staples “easy” buttons. And I wish I had a magic “delete” button that would let me fix mistakes. In this post, Kathryn reminds us that we have something much better than either of those. Something that really can take all the mistakes and errors away.
Make sure you check out some of my posts from this week, as well. I had two awesome Guest Stars this week, so hit their posts up too!
- Did I Ask for your Advice? by Jessica @ Freckles & Dirt
- Life Letters by Kathryn @ Our Tiny Big Life
- Evaporated Hopes: the story of my first miscarriage/chemical pregnancy
- Stronger through the Pain: Week Two of #ThinnerThursdays
- Have a great Saturday, everyone!