How is your weekend going so far? I meant to get this posted earlier today (think, 7:00 am earlier) but the day has gotten away from me. The hubs had to work, the little man is sickly again, and it’s just been an emotional whirlwind around our house (more on that to come this week!). Plus, I made it my goal to complete two designs in my queue this weekend. So, needless to say, it’s been busy.
But I didn’t want to leave you guys hanging, because this week there were some REALLY great posts! Make sure you check these out. They’ll be worth your time, I promise.
- In and Out by Laura @ Mommy Miracles: If you guys don’t know Laura by now, then you need to head over to her little corner of the web and pay her a visit. She has the most beautiful way with words. When I read this post, I actually felt like I was a part of the scene. Like I was a fly on the wall, witnessing this entire experience. Maybe because I’ve been there…been in her shoes, hustling and bustling about the day until that tiny little person in my life made me realize there was more going on than just work.
- Putting together the Pieces a Guest post by Ashley Sisk on Amber’s Articles: I’ve been a “fan” of Ashley’s for a long time. Actually, I consider her to be more of a friend. She’s one of those people that I’m certain would be my BFF if I lived closer (let’s just hope she feels the same way and doesn’t think I’m all stalker crazy!). This post gave me an entirely new outlook on puzzle pieces; and served as a great reminder that no matter how well we think we know someone (no matter if it’s in “real life” or through their blog), there are situations and circumstances hidden beneath the surface. And Ashley always handles tough stuff with such beautiful eloquence and grace.
- Longing by Molly @ A Day in Mollywood: Oh my word. This post? Purely raw and honest and open. I respect and admire writers and bloggers who don’t hesitate to post what they are feeling, what they experience and who do it without worrying what others will say. Molly addresses the issues of discontentment in a way that I’ve never seen. I could have written this myself sometimes, but she did it better than I ever could.
- A Broken Mommy Heart by Kimberly @ Mama’s Monologues: You might want to break out the tissues before you read this post. As a mama who’s getting ready to send her baby off to Pre School in a few months, I could fear that lump in my throat welling up as a I read her words about sending her baby to Kindergarten. Wowza. Talk about a tear jerker.
- Tip Toe by Shey B: Shey took the words right from my mind and put them on paper with this post. I say this every few months, but sometimes the blog world just drives me a little nuts. People with their “cliques” on Twitter and within the blogosphere. And the fake, cheery, “My life is so perfect” blog posts….it gets old. And it gets old fast. Shey (with no hesitation and no second thoughts) lays it all out there on the line and calls for bloggers to stop tip-toeing around real life issues and just be themselves.
And in case you missed any of my posts this week, here are the ones that you definitely want to check out:
- Saying Goodbye to the Boy Wizard: my personal tribute to Harry Potter and recap of my childhood with this series.
- Less Than Three: my monthly letter to my son.
- And, of course, the very first installment of Still Life Standouts (there is still time to link your shot up, so don’t forget! Monthly winners will be entered in to win a great prize at the end of the Quarter!)
Enjoy your Sunday, guys!