Passion is a pretty strong word.
It means a powerful emotion, such as love or hate (according to Dictionary.com).
Without question, there are a few things in life that I am most passionate about:
– My husband, and keeping our marriage alive. We chose a long time ago (well, not that long ago…a few years maybe) that we wouldn’t become one of “those” couples. We would never file for divorce, we wouldn’t reach the point of complacency, and we wouldn’t settle for having a marriage of convenience. We both grew up without the best examples of what a relationship was supposed to be like, and we both refuse to fall into that same category.
– My son (and any hopefully soon-to-be future children) and being able to give him everything he needs. There are some things that I want for my son that I never had. Both materialistic things, and emotional things. I want to give him opportunities to travel and see the world, build his character and his culture, do everything for him that my parents were able to do for me. Isn’t that every parent’s desire? To see their children succeed and accomplish more than they could or did?
– Photography and all of the moments that need to be remembered. I can lose myself behind the lens. Given the right area, the right lighting and plenty of time to just walk around and “be,” I can spend hours shooting. I love the feeling of the camera in my hands. I love the rush I get when I pull my images up on the screen and see what I’ve captured. I love looking back at old photos and remembering the emotions I was feeling when I took the photo, and what the photo means. Like this one:
This photo screams little boy. And I’ll always look at this one, and remember how much fun the little guy had playing in the water at the pond. His face says it all.
– My writing and the use of words to capture a story. Whether it’s in my own private journal, my blog, or the writing in the little guys scrapbook, words matter the most to me (next to family, of course). I love words. I love writing. I love being able to sit down at the computer, or at my desk and just type. I love that I can let my imagination wander and piece together stories and poems without much effort. Writing has always been my biggest passion, always been my dream.
– My God and the mercy he shows me even when I don’t deserve it. This needs no explanation. I’m blessed, despite all of my flaws and my failures.
What are you passionate about? What makes your life worth living on a day to day basis?
Linking up today with Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop. Check it out!