I always love running across new memes and blog hops that give me great ideas and inspiration for posts. Not that there is anything wrong with the fun quirky memes, or the Photography Challenges (which, by the way, did you notice that we just launched the debut of Still Life Standouts today?).
You all know that I’m a deep thinker, an over analyzer, and a person with more words to write than time. So when I saw this linky last week on two of the blogs that I follow, I decided to give it a go and join in.
This week, I learned:
- That if ever get the chance to really explore and learn about Google Plus, I’m pretty sure I’ll be hooked. There are no apps or games or anything like that pop up in my window every two or three seconds. Just blog posts and chatter. A little mix of Twitter and Facebook. And I kind of dig it.
- Some people, no matter their age, just aren’t as mature and grown up as I am. People younger, people older…it doesn’t matter. Things that just seem to blatantly common sense escape people like this. Oh, if I could only tell you some stories from this week…but I’m not sure who reads this and who doesn’t. And I don’t want to risk hurt feelings from people I won’t be able to escape, if you know what I mean. Like my husband always says, “Common sense, isn’t really all that common.”
- My father-in-law, despite his insistence that I am his favorite, really does like his own son better than me. Who knew?! He always sends us Birthday cards with some cash in it. This year, he short changed me $20. He says the mail man must have gotten it. But, I’m calling his bluff. (*Note: I’m totally kidding here. I could care less if he sent me money. I just love that he took the time to actually send me a birthday card. Things like that mean a lot to me.)
- Apparently, people weren’t as touched and moved
and distraughtabout the ending of the Harry Potter saga as I was. I wrote an entire post dedicated to Harry and the gang. And it received the lowest amount of page views. Ever. What’s up with that? Maybe I should have written about Twilight again, instead.
- Remember that old saying, “Good things come to those who wait?” Yeah. It’s true. This month has been beyond humbling and exciting for me. I launched my very own business, have seen incredible sales and made some profit for our family. And I have a pretty exciting opportunity coming up in a few months in which I’ll be teaching social media and blogging as well as writing an E-Book (I think…). I’ll be sharing more information about this later, but let’s just say that things are good.
- Patience is not one of my virtues. Just sayin. I’m as bad as a little kid some days. When I want something, I want it RIGHT now. I don’t like to wait. I don’t like for things to drag around and take forever. I just don’t. It’s not fun for me. But I’m learning. Slowly, but surely, I’m learning.
- Spam comments are huh-larious. Check out this one I got yesterday:
A great blog post, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him. smile. So let me reword that: Thank you for the treat! But yeah Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and enjoy learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is extremely helpful for me. Two thumb up for this blog!
Someone must have missed out on Spelling & Grammar class in school…And this was on the post I did way back when, when I introduced my idea for No Mom Talk Monday. Funny, right? No? Guess it was just me…
Now it’s your turn.
What have you learned this week?
Share in the comments, or join in with meme and give us a little glimpse into life’s lessons this week. And don’t forget to check out Still Life Standouts! I know you guys will want to join in!
Happy Friday! Yay for the weekend!
PS: In lieu of paid sponsorships for the month of August, I’m opening my Sponsorship section up and calling for all of those interested in SWAPPING sponsorship. You give me your button, I’ll give you mine. “Kind of an I’ll scratch your back…” thing. If you’re interest, feel free to contact me! New sponsors are set to go up on Monday!