I thoroughly enjoyed my blogging vacation last week. I had the chance to tackle a few things that I’d been putting off for too long
because I would rather have been blogging, but there were some things that I still didn’t get around to…
- I did revamp and redesign my entire blog during my break. It took me a week, where designs from the past only took a couple of hours. Lots and lots of thought and revisions went into this current theme. So hopefully you guys like it as much (if not more) than I do.
- I did not finish my Project 16:9 post like I promised more than once I would do. I meant to. Really I did. But I never found the time. It’s going up Wednesday, though. Even if I have to stay up till all hours of the night to get it done.
- I did watch and DVR nearly every single second of the Royal Wedding last Friday. I watched all of the Royal Wedding of a Lifetime specials, the THS about Lady Di, and even stayed up till almost 3:00 am watching the Live Coverage and tweeting with fellow Royal Wedding fanatics.
- I did watch hours and hours and hours of Mickey Mouse and Special Agent Oso with my sweet little guy. We snuggled on the couch, played with his new Easter toys and relaxed without feeling the pressure of things that needed doing and blogs that needing reading/writing.
- I did not read more than 5 blogs while I was on vacation. And I cleared over 500 from my reader on Sunday night. I hate that I missed great content from you guys, but there was no way that I could catch up on all of them. If you published something that you think I absolutely must read, shoot me an email and I’ll come check it out.
- I did watch several, several hours of Lifetime Movies, Royal Wedding Coverage, and Army Wives reruns. Since I wasn’t tweeting or blogging in any way, I actually had time to sit on my butt and relax.
- I did not dust the furniture or mop the floor like I needed to. Nor did I completely catch up on laundry. In fact, there is a load in the basket, one in the dryer and one in the washer right now that are just screaming to be folded and put away. Wonder how long I can get by without doing laundry at all?
- I did make and eat these all by myself:
- We did color Easter Eggs last week…using water with the Egg Coloring instead of Vinegar. I did eat too many deviled eggs on Easter Sunday. Ahem. Let’s just say that I had more than half of what we dyed all to myself. And loved every single minute I spent scarfing them down.
- I did get my new Pioneer Woman Cookbook in the mail (I won it from here a few weeks ago) and have loved it so far. We’ve tried her Fried Chicken recipe, her Twice Baked Potato recipe and last night I made her meatloaf. Fabulous. Definitely a great addition my cookbook collection.
- And lastly, we did get a new puppy! Have you met Tessa? You’ll hear more about her and her induction into our family on Thursday. :)
What did you do last week?
I’m working on a blog post for later this week about Parenting Techniques. Would love it if you guys would answer a few questions in the comment section!
What kind of bad behavior do you tolerate in public? What actions warrant immediate disciplinary action? What kind of behavior do you wait until you are at home and in private to address?
How do you discipline your children? Do you use physical discipline (spanking) or do Time-Outs work better for your child(ren)?