Happy New Year Friends!
I have to say, I’m one of the many, many people who are in full agreement that 2015 was a terrible year.
- I watched a best friend lose her precious baby girl at birth.
- I watched never-met-before friends lose children through the power of social media.
- I’ve watched marriages fall apart.
- I’ve watched sin take over lives in a variety of ways (my own included).
- I’ve battled depression again for the first time in years.
- I’ve fallen into a pit of anxiety and panic like never before.
- I’ve lost friends.
- I’ve nearly lost my marriage.
But at the same time, with all of the negative that I could point out, 2015 also brought…
- The decision to adopt.
- Sacrifices that brought joy.
- Restored marriages and relationships (mine included).
- Freedom from spiritual, emotional and in some aspects physical bondage.
- Spiritual growth.
- Stronger friendships than I have ever had in my entire life.
- A career doing what I love.
- Decisions that could and will change the future of our lives forever.
It’s easy to get bogged down in the mess of what was bad and not look at all that was good. Being in Alabama visiting family for the last two weeks brought a bit of rest, relaxation and refreshment for me. I got more sleep than I usually get. I took some time away from my computer for the Holidays. I spent some time with my boys. I wrote. I started on a new project (more on that to come soon!).
And I let GO.
We can’t move forward…I can’t move forward…by holding on to the past and what was this past year. YES. 2015 was frankly one of my worst years. But it was also one of the best in so many ways. The new year is a blank page with new spaces to fill out. I intend to make it worthy of the space I’ve been given.
God often breaks us down completely in order to build us back up the right way in the ways that he wants. I’m terrified and excited and eager to see what he has in store for our family this next year.
And I’m looking forward to continuing to share here with all of you who pop over every day to read what’s going on with us.
Happy 2016, friends.