Frequently Asked Questions
Where are you adopting from? We are doing a domestic adoption through an agency right here in Wilmington. We could end up with a baby from right here locally or anywhere in the US.
How long will the adoption process take? The average time our agency says is 6-12 months, but since we have no preferences for our child, the process could move much, much quicker.
You guys have two little boys already, so surely you’re hoping for a girl, right? Actually…no. We prayed wholeheartedly before we filled out any of our information sheets that God would give us an idea of what our “preferences” should be. Josh and I both felt that we were being called to make no gender or racial preferences for our child. God has no preferences when it comes to us, so why should we?
How you Can Help
The financial need for our adoption is around $40,000; which includes legal fees, agency fees, home study fees, and social worker fees. This is a lot of money to raise in a short amount of time. We can’t bring our baby home until we raise the money completely. Any help you could provide would be so very greatly appreciated!
WAYS TO HELP:
- Send money through our GoFundMe page. You can send that here.
- Send money via Paypal. You can send money to friends and family and you won’t be charged fees. Our PayPal email is firstname.lastname@example.org or using our direct PayPal.me link right here.
- Send a personal check. We have an account set up specifically for our adoption. You can send a personal check to us via USPS. Please make checks payable to Courtney Kirkland (please contact me for our mailing address).
- Purchase a Web Design. While I still offer design services on the side, I also do my primary work for Lauren @ Restored 316. She offers a variety of services for site customization. Any time you purchase a customization package and select my name from the dropdown menu, I receive a portion of that purchase to go toward our adoption. If you don’t need an entire customization, you can use this affiliate link to purchase a theme!
- Let me Create a New Brand for you! Before I started working alongside Lauren, I spent 4 years running my own design company. While I generally only create sites using her themes, I do still offer branding + logo design services! You can read all about that and purchase your design here!
- Shop my little store. I’ve brought my shop back to life specifically for this time in our lives. 100% of the proceeds go to our adoption.
- Make a purchase from my recommendations section. This section of my site is full of affiliate links. Any time you purchase from here, I receive a percentage of the sale.
We sincerely appreciate any help that you may be willing to provide. We know that our God is a God of provision and that he is going to help us raise the funds to bring our baby home.
- November 14, 2015: Made the final and official decision that we were going to adopt.
- November, 20, 2015: Submitted our paperwork.
Blog Posts About our Adoption