How far along:
30 weeks. Holy smokes, Batman. Can you believe we are only SIX WEEKS from this baby being full term?!
How big is the baby:
Your baby’s about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it’s not very keen; even after she’s born, she’ll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she’ll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.) (via Baby Center)
Total weight gain:
As of Thursday, I’ve gained 28 pounds. Again, I anticipate that I’ll gain between 5-8 more between now and the time Jonah arrives; assuming he comes early like his brother did.
Back to not sleeping so well this week. I’m hoping that last week wasn’t a fluke, but who knows? Had a hard time getting comfortable this week. I’m guessing Jonah’s going through another little growth spurt because my stomach has been achy and it’s been nearly impossible to get and stay comfortable. Lots of pressure on my lungs, making it harder to breath (especially at night). And the belly is getting huge, so rolling from one side to the other is physically painful.
Best moment of the last week:
Had my latest checkup and found out that not only did I pass my Glucose Test, but the doctor also thinks that Jonah may have flipped himself over so that he’s no longer breech. She’s not positive yet because he’s still tiny, but here’s hoping. I’m really not looking forward to having a C-Section if that circumstance arises. Other than that, he’s measuring right on schedule.
I realized the other day that I haven’t even talked about baby boy’s movement in these posts. This boy is active. I mean, 100 times more active on the inside than his big brother was. Noah was a wiggler no doubt, but Jonah is a kicker…a puncher…a roller. I’m amazed every day at the things he seems to have going on in there. I mentioned when we had our ultrasound that he was kicking and stretching his legs all over the place. Now that he’s bigger, I feel every bit of it. I can pretty clearly make out his two little feet tapping and jabbing my insides. He tends to kick in the same spot, so I am almost positive that I have an internal bruise on my left side, under my chest where his foot seems permanently wedged. His most active time seems to be between 9:00 and 10:00 every night. The husband and I get tickled because that’s usually around the time we attempt to get some sleep…and he’s just waking up for the party. Here’s hoping that changes.
- Fruit Loops, Green Apples with Caramel and Peanuts (Fall, anyone?), Chocolate Covered Ice Cream Bars (you know, the ones with the crunchy shell and vanilla ice cream in the center?)
- Nothing as of late!
- Back Pain/Sciatic Nerve Pain: Mostly on my left side and usually only at night…
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Another one of those pain in the butt symptoms that only bothers me at bedtime.
- Overall Fatigue
- Puffy, Swollen Hands & Feet
- Braxton Hicks: I’m getting these more frequently these days. Nothing for the doctor to be concerned about, but I definitely have to keep my water intake up or they get worse. I’m up to drinking at least 64+ ounces of water per day. Water and rest seem to be the only thing that eases them off when they flare up. My body’s way of telling me that I need to hurry up and finish working (almost done!!) so that I can relax for the last few weeks of pregnancy.
- Headaches: I’m not sure if this is a pregnancy symptom or not, but I’ve had a few awful headaches this week. Not sure if it’s allergy related or because I’m pregnant, but they are kicking my tail.
Baby Boy!! Did you guys see the photos from our Gender Reveal Party?!
What I’m looking forward to:
- Our first baby shower is Sunday! I’m excited to see what kind of goodies we snag for baby boy. After the shower, it’ll be time to snag the last few things we need before Jonah man arrives!
- Planning Noah’s 4th Birthday Party! Someone pinch me because I’m still not convinced that he’s turning four next month. It seriously doesn’t seem like it’s been four years since I was writing pregnancy updates in my journal about him. Insane. He’s still torn between having a Batman Party and a Spiderman Party. I’m attempting to figure out how to combine the two without having to use any of the tacky super hero party sets I keep finding online.
What I miss:
Not having to get up three+ times per night to pee. Though, I know it’s only going to get worse before it gets better.
Thursday, September 27. We’re down to two week appointments now!
This post is brought to you by…
JJ Cole Collections
The innovation and lifestyle behind JJ Cole was inspired by young parents over 14 years ago. Since that time, we have continued to create and design products with parents in mind – products that will make today simpler and tomorrow more memorable. We understand how challenging parenting can be, but also know how rewarding and satisfying it is to be called mom and dad. We strive to portray the enthusiasm we experience within our own families into the design of our products.
JJ Cole products are designed to fit the busy lifestyle of today’s parent. We look to the feedback of caring parents and our own personal experiences to create products that help solve your needs. You provide the inspiration that helps us create the products you know and love.
Want to see your shop or store featured here? Check out this information on how you can become an official sponsor of baby Jonah!