If you’re new here, you might want to Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Thanks for stopping by! If it’s photography related shenanigans you’re looking for, you can see today’s Before & After Shot, right here.
Today is a pretty big day in our house. Today, my beloved husband…my best friend…the love of my life is turning 30! We met when he was 26, and it’s been a whirlwind of an adventure these past few years, but I’m so excited to be around (and have HIM around!) to celebrate this milestone with him. In honor of his birthday, I’m sharing 30 Reasons why I Love, Adore, and Cherish him and the life that we share.
- No matter how down and out I get about things, big or small, he’s always there to boost my spirits and offer me some encouragement.
- He saved me from myself, and from a life of just settling.
- He’s showing me the world…an opportunity I might never have had without him by my side.
- No matter how frustrated we get with one another, no matter how much we argue and bicker, and let our crazy emotions get the best of us, I know, without a shadow of a doubt that he isn’t going anywhere…that he’s going to stay, through thick and thin.
- He gave me the most beautiful gift in the world…our son.
- He takes the garbage out without complaining and picks up the dog poo in the backyard. And never, ever questions why I won’t do it (probably because he knows that my excuse will be “because I’m a girl”).
- He does the daddy gig better than anyone. And nothing brings my heart more joy than seeing our son share those tiny little moments of childhood with his daddy.
- He helps me clean the kitchen after supper, almost every single night.
- He isn’t one of those men who’s too “macho” and chauvinistic to help around the house. He can cook, clean, and do his own laundry as well as I can.
- When I’m sick, he always lets me rest and takes care of me to the best of his abilities.
- He usually gets up with the little guy on Saturday and Sunday mornings so that I can catch an extra hour or two of sleep…not matter how tired he is.
- He cares, and I mean genuinely cares about his job and the work that he does.
- He never quits…and won’t let me quit either.
- He loves what he does, and has more pride in his Country than a lot of people (military members included) we know.
- He knows where he stands with God, but isn’t afraid to be the man that God created him to be.
- He would do anything for his friends or his family.
- He demands respect and doesn’t let people run over him, or those he cares about.
- He lets me snuggle up with him at bedtime, and sleeps on the side of the bed closest to the door…no matter where the bed is situated in our room.
- He tolerates my love for Starbucks, and lets me get one every single time we go to Safeway.
- He doesn’t always see my side of things, and doesn’t let me win when we play games. He isn’t afraid to hurt my feelings and always tells me what I need to hear, and when I need to hear it—no matter how painful it might be to accept sometimes.
- He makes me laugh, and let’s me poke fun of him without being a baby about it.
- He doesn’t bash my dreams…ever.
- He gives me a kiss and hug every morning before he leaves for work, every day when he gets home, and every night before bed.
- He does whatever he can to provide for our family, and sacrifices so much so that we can have extra or do extra.
- I can tell him anything, and know within my heart, that he’ll understand and help me figure things out.
- He reads my blog. Every single day. And if he misses a day, he goes back to read the archives.
- He has never pushed me to get a job and leave our son in daycare. He lets me be a SAHM because I want to be. He understands and supports me desire to always be there for our family.
- He doesn’t expect me to keep the house spotless. In fact, there have been many days where he’s told me not to even worry about it…he could do it himself and I could enjoy down time with the Little Guy. (I, of course, never let it get that way. He works too hard to have to come home and keep the house clean, too!)
- He watches shows like The Secret Life of the American Teenager and Army Wives with me…even though he’d much rather be watching ESPN.
- More than anything, he loves me for who I am. In spite of all of my flaws, my weaknesses, and my insecurities, he’s there for me and supports me.
I couldn’t have asked for a better man to spend the rest of my life with. I still wonder what we did to deserve one another and why I ended up with someone so wonderful.
Happy Birthday, Handsome! Here’s to many more birthday’s and many more reasons to love and adore this life that we share!