Noah is getting his first tooth…ouch. He has not exactly been the happiest baby in the world this past week or so. He isn’t really sleeping that well…though Children’s Tylenol is helping some. He’s gnawing on EVERYTHING he can get his mouth on-except the teething ring we bought him. He is especially fond of chewing on his rag (Mr. Rag as we have started to call him.) I’m waiting for an appearance of this baby tooth, but so far all I see is a little red spot and an ill baby. If anyone reading this knows any remedies to ease the pain, please let me know.
Josh is having Hernia Surgery on Monday at 11:00 am, so everyone please be in prayer for him. Dr. Dobson is doing it Same-Day, so he will get to come home on Monday afternoon. Josh’s mom and little brother are coming down to visit over the weekend. I think they are coming Friday and leaving no later than Tuesday. I have mixed feelings…lol. Don’t get me wrong, I love his family and I am ridiculously excited about having someone to help with the baby and give me a much needed break for a few days-plus his mom usually cooks some awesome meals while she is here (Another break for me!) But, part of me has that whole “Does she think I can’t take care of her son?” mentality. I mean, they live 6 hours away and are coming down for Spring Break in March anyway. Part of me just feels like she has to come look out for things (Josh and Noah…) because she doesn’t think I’m capable. I know it’s just me over-reacting and that she is only coming to help out. Lord knows with Noah teething and Josh “out of commission” as he calls it, I will need some help. And atleast with her here I will be able to get some sleep! YAY!
Mine and Josh’s income tax return should be here tomorrow. I’m super excited. Josh and I decided to buy 2 new mini-laptops with our return. He is getting ready for school in a few months, I am going back to school in August, so it will be sooo much easier to have 2. Plus they are really small and we will be able to use them anywhere (we are having wireless internet hooked up). We are sending our computer to Josh’s dad because he is the only one in the family that doesn’t have one. Now he will be able to get the pictures of the baby we send and see the ones we put online. The computer’s Josh and I are getting also have web-cams built in, so they will come in handy in keeping in touch with the family. Don’t think Noah is getting the bad end of the deal with the tax returns either…he is getting some new clothes (mainly cause he is outgrowing all of his), a new swing, and probably a high chair since we are about to incorporate solid food into his diet. Not to mention plenty more diapers 🙂 Is 4 months to early to potty train? LOL
Josh talked to one of the HS guys that works at their clinic the other day when he went to have some blood work done, and found out that this guy actually took his family with him when he went to A-School. He told him about the family apartments they have (which I tried to tell Josh about when we found out his name was on the list…) so now Josh thinks it wouldn’t be too bad for us to come to Cali with him when he goes. We are probably going to get out of our lease down here, store our stuff in a storage unit, and the when he has to come back to check out, we’ll just stay in a hotel. Then we will be saving every bit of what we pay for electricity, rent, cable…and only paying a little bit for a storage unit. (all of this I tried to tell him when A-School came up, but he didn’t listen) Suits me…I won’t start classes if he’s gone anyway because he will be coming back in the middle of a semester and there would really be nothing in Florida to keep me here. I’d just go to Alabama and waste time. But, since he will get out of class and have the afternoons and (most) weekends off, if we go with him, he can stay with us. And it would definately be easier on me. I didn’t do well with him gone for 30 days…much less being gone for almost 4 months. Then we wouldn’t have to spend money on plane tickets every month and all that. We’ll see. He isn’t going to school until probably early next year, so we still have time to decide.