How far along:
28 weeks 2 days
How big is the baby:
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She’s also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world. (via Baby Center)
Total weight gain:
Probably 25-27 pounds. I figure I’ll gain between 30-35 altogether between now and the time Jonah is born. I gained 36 with Noah, so I’m aiming to keep it at that or lower this go around as well.
Not sleeping as well these days. Back pain, stomach pain/aches and the inability to get really comfortable mixed with the need to go to the bathroom every hour and a half make it hard to get a decent nights rest. I’m sleeping with between eight and ten pillows and I’m pretty sure that the husband feels he’s getting the boot night after night because of all of my pillows pushing him over the edge of the bed.
Best moment of the last week:
The husband had his Petty Officer Second Class Advancement Ceremony on Tuesday! He lost some rank when he moved to the Coast Guard from the Navy, so it’s been a bit of a headache getting back to where he was when he got out of the military the first time. He’s excited to be back where he was and finally moving forward; and we are so beyond proud of him! Aside from the pay raise (which is always nice), it’s exciting to see him accomplishing things he’s set his mind to and moving forward in his career.
Alabama Football started on Saturday (and we won, by the way) so we spent the day enjoying the sunshine and cheering on our team. Labor Day was sunny and as an Advancement/Early Christmas Gift, the husband went and bought himself a 55″ TV for the living room. Men and their toys (almost as bad as me and my camera equipment and Apple gear).
- Cereal: Cinnamon Toast Crunch again this week. I’ve munched on more than a few bowls…
- Starburst: I finally caved and just bought a big bag of these…
- Cake: Saturday, Noah and I made an Alabama Cake. White Cake, Red and White Icing and brown “football” sprinkles. I may not have had enough red food coloring for the inside, considering it turned out Pepto Pink instead of Alabama Crimson. But it was delish.
- Ice: Which means that most likely my iron level is dropping. I was halfway expecting it to. It did the same toward the end of my pregnancy with Noah. I’ve been pacifying this craving by adding a few extra pieces of ice to my sweet tea and snacking on Otter Pops.
- McDonald’s Vanilla Cones: Just the plain 75 cent cones.
- Nothing as of late!
- Back Pain/Sciatic Nerve Pain: Mostly on my left side and usually only at night…
- Nesting: Yep. This again. This weekend I managed to hang new shelves in both bathrooms (well, technically the husband hung them), hang a ton of decor around the house that I hadn’t gotten to yet, vacuumed the upstairs, did all of the laundry, cleaned my desk, dusted the bedrooms, washed all of the bedding, and cleaned out the closets and toys.
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Another one of those pain in the butt symptoms that only bothers me at bedtime.
- Overall Fatigue: I’m worried that my energy spurts may be running out. By the end of the day, even if I sleep until 9:00, I’m ready to collapse. 5:00 is about my end point. Usually after that I’m too drained to do much of anything.
- Puffy, Swollen Hands & Feet: I was actually able to see my ankles for the first time in weeks this past weekend. I didn’t even realize that they COULD go back to normal right now.
Baby Boy!! Did you guys see the photos from our Gender Reveal Party?!
What I’m looking forward to:
- Mom’s coming to visit in ONE WEEK!
- Noah’s new big boy bedding will be here this week.
- Our first baby shower is September 23.
- Being finished with work! Only a few designs to go before I call it quits for the year…
What I miss:
Nothing of significance this week…unless you count being able to get comfortable at night.
This post is brought to you by…
JJ Cole Collections
The innovation and lifestyle behind JJ Cole was inspired by young parents over 14 years ago. Since that time, we have continued to create and design products with parents in mind – products that will make today simpler and tomorrow more memorable. We understand how challenging parenting can be, but also know how rewarding and satisfying it is to be called mom and dad. We strive to portray the enthusiasm we experience within our own families into the design of our products.
JJ Cole products are designed to fit the busy lifestyle of today’s parent. We look to the feedback of caring parents and our own personal experiences to create products that help solve your needs. You provide the inspiration that helps us create the products you know and love.
Want to see your shop or store featured here? Check out this information on how you can become an official sponsor of baby Jonah!