How far along:
27 weeks…which means that we hit the third trimester NEXT WEEK. Can you believe it?!
How big is the baby:
This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She’s sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby’s brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don’t bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle. (via Baby Center)
Total weight gain:
Last week I’d gained 22 pounds (all together…not at once, of course) since I got pregnant. So…I’m going to assume maybe 23-24 pounds? Then again, I had a few days of nausea and morning sickness last week, so I may have actually lost a pound or two.
The same. A few nights this week I barely got any sleep. I’m reaching that phase where I can’t just roll over. I have to do that whole “lift belly, flip, and roll” type thing. Then, other nights (usually after one or two days of not sleeping well), I barely even move at night and sleep really, really deep.
Best moment of the last week:
Not pregnancy related, but I was interviewed by the local newspaper on Friday. They do spotlights on small businesses here on the island and they contacted me about doing a feature. It’ll fun in our local paper on Wednesday. I did start noticing tiny little baby hiccups last week. They were always fun when I was pregnant with Noah and I’ve been waiting on them to start up with Jonah. Usually it’s just 5 or 6 little hiccups in a row, but it’s still enough to make me giggle.
Also went out Friday night with some girlfriends for dinner. We hit up one of the local Sushi/Steak Houses (if you can call it that) and spent some time away from our kiddos chatting and laughing and relaxing. It was a nice break after a long and exhausting week. The sun has been out almost every day this week, too. So Noah and I have enjoyed some time outside playing and running and soaking up the sunshine. It’s been a good week.
- Cereal: Cinnamon Toast Crunch again this week. I’ve munched on more than a few bowls…
- Cheese Toast: Nom, nom, nom. Actually I should have just labeled this “cheese” in general.
- Roast Beef Subway: I was craving this last week as well. So, Monday afternoon we hit up the Subway for the second time in 4 days. Oh well. It’s better than the crazy McDonalds cravings I had with Noah.
- Starbursts: Noah loves these, too. So I use him as excuse to “indulge” when I can. They are relatively hard to track down here in the small packs. So when I stumbled onto them at the commissary the other day I snagged three packs for myself and three packs for Noah. I ate all of mine within two days. And then…I might have eaten a pack of his. In my defense though, I did share.
- Cake: This week I made Chocolate Chip Cake with Chocolate Icing. Then, the husband had the idea to mention that maybe I should try making a regular yellow cake with some of those Reese Chips in it. And a chocolate Peanut Butter Icing. So, that’s next on my list.
- Ice: Which means that most likely my iron level is dropping. I was halfway expecting it to. It did the same toward the end of my pregnancy with Noah. I’ve been pacifying this craving by adding a few extra pieces of ice to my sweet tea and snacking on Otter Pops.
- Chocolate Chip Granola Bars: I think that’s been one of the main cravings this entire pregnancy. Maybe because they are easy to grab and munch on when I’m hungry. And that they are only 100 calories (FYI- The “reduced fat” granola bars? They have 90 calories…ha.) so I don’t feel bad eating two
or threeof them at a time. I get more calories than that with a slice of cake. Ahem. Not that I have been eating cake.
- Nothing as of late!
- Back Pain/Sciatic Nerve Pain: Holy leg pain. It’s coming and going. The days where I am up on my feet a lot or do a lot of cleaning, it tends to bother me worse the next day. I alternate out my “busy” days around the house so that I work a day and then take a day off.
- Nesting: Yep. This again. Last week I Lysoled the whole downstairs and this week I have organized the garage, cleaned the hallway closet, rearranged the boys’ room, folded 8 loads of laundry, washed all of the blankets and sheets in the house, cleaned out the toy room, scrubbed the floors, and hosed down the outside of the house. We spent all day Saturday outside cleaning the car and straightening the garage. I got a hold of the water hose and rinsed off the front, side and back of the house. And the back patio. It was the first time that Josh was annoyed with my nesting. I’m pretty sure that if we’d had a pressure washer, I’d have been pestering him to do the house.
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Another one of those pain in the butt type symptoms. I found that if I wiggle my toes when it flares up, that I can generally get it to pass. Weird, right?
- Overall Fatigue: I’m worried that my energy spurts may be running out. By the end of the day, even if I sleep until 9:00, I’m ready to collapse. 5:00 is about my end point. Usually after that I’m too drained to do much of anything.
- Puffy, Swollen Hands & Feet: I don’t even remember what my ankles are supposed to look like anymore. I can’t wear my rings except for a few hours here and there (so, usually just if we go out somewhere), and my feet are swollen whether I sit all day or and up and down.
Baby Boy!! Did you guys see the photos from our Gender Reveal Party?!
What I’m looking forward to:
- Gran Gran’s coming to visit in 16 Days! So, so excited! Can’t wait to see my mom! I haven’t seen her since we said goodbye in January of 2011.
- Our first baby shower. A friend of ours is throwing our first baby shower on September 23.
- College Football starts Saturday! Yay for Alabama football! Looking forward to kickoff!
What I miss:
Nothing of significance this week…unless you count being able to get comfortable at night.
Today. I was supposed to have my Glucose Test last week, but my interview with the local paper and the need to get everything for that ready PLUS my it’s-never-going-to-end workload forced me to push it back a few days. Here’s hoping I don’t have to the three hour test. After that, my next appointment is September 13.
(Sorry…no cute photos of me and the kiddo today. Instead, you get just a regular ole Instagram shot…)
JJ Cole Collections
The innovation and lifestyle behind JJ Cole was inspired by young parents over 14 years ago. Since that time, we have continued to create and design products with parents in mind – products that will make today simpler and tomorrow more memorable. We understand how challenging parenting can be, but also know how rewarding and satisfying it is to be called mom and dad. We strive to portray the enthusiasm we experience within our own families into the design of our products.
JJ Cole products are designed to fit the busy lifestyle of today’s parent. We look to the feedback of caring parents and our own personal experiences to create products that help solve your needs. You provide the inspiration that helps us create the products you know and love.
Want to see your shop or store featured here? Check out this information on how you can become an official sponsor of baby Jonah!