How far along:
26 weeks…10 weeks till full term!
How big is the baby:
he network of nerves in your baby’s ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner’s as you chat with each other. He’s inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he’s born and takes that first gulp of air. And he’s continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you’re having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days. (via Baby Center)
Total weight gain:
Remember me saying that I could feel Jonah growing a few weeks ago? I was right. I gained seven pounds this last month (just a few pounds over the suggested four), bringing my total weight gain to 22 pounds from the beginning until now. I was slightly frustrated, but the doctor said my weight gain is fine and that I’m still on target to reach the recommended 25-30 pound mark. I gained most of my weight with Noah over the course of just a few weeks and then lost a few pounds the last couple of weeks. So we’ll see. As long as baby boy is healthy, then that’s what matters, right?
The same. Some nights I sleep really well and others not so much. Saturday night I didn’t sleep at all, it seemed. Up every hour or hour and a half with my back bothering me, unable to get comfortable, etc. It seems like the time from whenever I lay down until 3:00-3:30 is the “witching” hour for me. If I can make until then, I usually land about five hours of uninterrupted rest.
Best moment of the last week:
Ummm….not sure. Not a very eventful week this week. More rain and dreariness from sun up until sun down this week. I did successfully make my grandmother’s homemade lasagna on Friday night (if that counts as a best moment). And got to sleep past 7:00 am a few days this week.
- Cereal: Peanut Butter Captain Crunch this week. I’ve munched on more than a few bowls…
- Roast Beef Subway: I woke up in the middle of the night craving one of these the other day. So, that afternoon when we ran to Walmart I bought two (one for dinner that night and one for lunch the next day). There wasn’t even a crumb left between those two sandwiches.
- Club Sandwich from our Diner: We don’t have a huge selection of restaurants on the island here, but we do have a little mom and pop diner that serves quality food. They have the BEST club sandwiches. So, I indulged Sunday after church. (Not sure what’s with the sandwich cravings this week.)
- Grapes: It’s getting harder to find fresh produce here on the island with winter coming up, so this was one of those hit or miss cravings. The grapes that I bought were okay, but they did the trick.
- Panckaes: We had pancakes for dinner twice this week. Yumm-o.
- Starbursts: Particularly the red and pink ones. I give Noah the yellows and part of the orange. That’s awful right? Giving him the ones I don’t want? LOL
- Red Velvet Cake: If you follow me on Facebook, Twitter or InstaGram, then you probably saw the photos and posts about this the other day, too. Remember my chocolate cake craving last week? This week was all about the Red Velvet. Baby boy apparently likes cake. I’m wondering what it will be this week?
- Nothing as of late!
- Back Pain/Sciatic Nerve Pain: Holy leg pain. This didn’t flare up until Saturday but sheesh. I’m hoping it goes away quick. This kept me up all night long Saturday and has made walking around and getting anything done a huge task.
- Nesting: Yep. This again. This week I’ve managed to Lysol scrub the entire downstairs (kitchen, walls, furniture…you name it) and Mr. Clean all of the floors. I also used this magic bathtub cleaner twice in our bathroom (yes, it really does work!). I have a few things on my list for this week. Josh is pretty much loving it.
- Heartburn: I’m wondering if baby boy is going to have hair like his brother did because I’ve had some serious heartburn issues the last week or so. And there’s nothing in particular triggering it. Just heartburn. Whenever I eat anything.
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Another one of those pain in the butt type symptoms. I found that if I wiggle my toes when it flares up, that I can generally get it to pass. Weird, right?
Baby Boy!! Did you guys see the photos from our Gender Reveal Party?!
What I’m looking forward to:
- Gran Gran’s coming to visit in 24 Days! So, so excited! Can’t wait to see my mom!
- Our first baby shower. A friend of ours is throwing our first baby shower on September 23.
- College Football starts in two weeks! Yay for Alabama football! Looking forward to kickoff Saturday on September 1!
What I miss:
Nothing of significance this week…unless you count being able to get comfortable at night.
Thursday (August 23) for my Glucose test and then September 13 for another routine checkup. Can you believe that I’ll only be SIX weeks from full term on September 13?! Where is the year going?
JJ Cole Collections
The innovation and lifestyle behind JJ Cole was inspired by young parents over 14 years ago. Since that time, we have continued to create and design products with parents in mind – products that will make today simpler and tomorrow more memorable. We understand how challenging parenting can be, but also know how rewarding and satisfying it is to be called mom and dad. We strive to portray the enthusiasm we experience within our own families into the design of our products.
JJ Cole products are designed to fit the busy lifestyle of today’s parent. We look to the feedback of caring parents and our own personal experiences to create products that help solve your needs. You provide the inspiration that helps us create the products you know and love.
Want to see your shop or store featured here? Check out this information on how you can become an official sponsor of baby Jonah!