How far along:
25 Weeks…only 11 to go till full term!
How big is the baby:
Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn’t much more than an average rutabaga, but she’s beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she’ll start to look more and more like a newborn. She’s also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you’d now be able to discern its color and texture.(via Baby Center)
Total weight gain:
I’d guess probably 15-17 pounds so far since I got pregnant. I don’t know for sure since I haven’t been to the doctor in 4 weeks. We’ll find out this week, though!
Up and down with sleep patterns. Some nights I sleep really deep and others not so much. Sleeping with two pillows between my knees, one under my stomach and one under my back. Also back to having some crazy dreams the last few days that wake me up in the middle of the night.
Best moment of the last week:
Got the garage and our storage room mostly cleaned out. It’s been a big project hanging over our heads for a while. Took a bunch of stuff to the Goodwill and reorganized some boxes. Feels good to clean things out. Got a few new goodies in the mail for the boys. It’s actually been a slow, dragging week around here between work and the constant rain. And after discussing regression and setbacks with our biggest boy, he’s slept in his bed like a big boy for the last five nights in a row.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch: Still munching on this for breakfast and snacks throughout the day. I’m on my second giant bag. Nom, nom, nom.
- Chocolate Cake: I got a random craving in the grocery store the other day for a yellow cake with chocolate icing. So…I made it. And ate it. Well, most of it. I did share.
- Nothing as of late!
- Back Pain/Round Ligament Pain: I can’t really differentiate the two anymore. My back hurts from the middle of my back all the way down to my lower back. I mentioned it to the doctor at my last appointment and have some sessions scheduled with a Prenatal Massage Therapist. I can’t sit or stand for too long or else it’s killer, so I do a lot of rotating and getting up and down during the day.
- Swelling in hands and feet: My feet swell the worst in the morning since that’s when I do most of my work and don’t have them propped up. My hands swell at night so I can’t sleep in my rings. It’s not terrible, but it gives me an excuse to relax and kick my feet up every day.
- Stomach Stretching: I’m not sure if this is an actual pregnancy symptom, but I can feel my stomach stretching these days. I gained most of my weight with Noah from weeks 24-32, so I’m almost dreading the next few weeks. My starting weight was higher this time than it was with Noah (by 15 pounds or so…thank you Kodiak and my sweet first born for that extra weight), and I can feel my belly expanding.
- Early Signs of Stretch marks: See the above mentioned symptom. I only had stretch marks on my legs with Noah…but I’m starting to see some purple making its way across my stomach these days. I’m not sure I’m going to get away so easily this time.
Baby Boy!! Did you guys see the photos from our Gender Reveal Party?!
What I’m looking forward to:
- Gran Gran’s coming to visit in 30 Days! So, so excited! Can’t wait to see my mom!
- Our first baby shower. A friend of ours is throwing our first baby shower in September. So excited!
What I miss:
Nothing of significance this week…unless you count being able to get comfortable at night.
Thursday (August 16). My last four week appointment. We’ll be scheduling my Glucose Test this go around (joy…).
The innovation and lifestyle behind JJ Cole was inspired by young parents over 14 years ago. Since that time, we have continued to create and design products with parents in mind – products that will make today simpler and tomorrow more memorable. We understand how challenging parenting can be, but also know how rewarding and satisfying it is to be called mom and dad. We strive to portray the enthusiasm we experience within our own families into the design of our products.
JJ Cole products are designed to fit the busy lifestyle of today’s parent. We look to the feedback of caring parents and our own personal experiences to create products that help solve your needs. You provide the inspiration that helps us create the products you know and love.
Want to see your shop or store featured here? Check out this information on how you can become an official sponsor of baby Jonah!