How far along:
24 weeks! Hooray for Viability!! Granted, we’re hoping baby boy stays put for at least 14 more weeks or so, it’s nice to have reached this milestone and know that if something happened, they would at least attempt to do something to save our sweet boy (and that his odds of survival have increased drastically).
How big is the baby:
Your baby’s growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he’s almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he’ll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing “branches” of the respiratory “tree” as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon. (via Baby Center)
Total weight gain:
I’d guess probably 15-17 pounds so far since I got pregnant. I feel much bigger this week than I did two weeks ago when I did my last update. My stomach just feels heavier and fuller, so I know I’ve gained a few pounds.
Still off and on. Some nights I sleep really good and others I barely sleep at all. Between the big boy who gets up and down randomly some nights and the fact that if I drink anything after about 7:00 I’m up every 2 hours, there are just nights where I might as well stay awake.
Best moment of the last two weeks:
Both of the boys got new carseats in the mail last week and Jonah’s Pack-N-Play made it. We installed the new carseat for Noah and was insistent that we put his brothers seat in as well. So we’re riding around with an empty carseat. Go figure. It makes Noah excited, so whatever. He talks about his brother riding next to him the whole time we’re in the car going some where. I did some more organizing and rearranging in their bedrooms and got a few new things ordered.
Big brother felt the baby kick a few days ago and he LOVES it. I think the reality of having a brother came around and he’s been spending a lot of time during the day rubbing my tummy, giving it kisses and talking to his brother about his toys/favorite movies/whatever else is going on. It melts my heart.
- Water: I’ve gotten on a water kick again. I went through a spell several weeks ago where I couldn’t get enough. One craving I’m happy to have back; even if it means getting up 100 times a night to pee.
- Peanut Butter & Green Apples: Ummm…yum.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch: I bought a giant bag of the off brand cereal the other day at the Commissary (because can you believe they don’t even CARRY the actual brand?!) and I’ve gone through the entire bag. Nom, nom.
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars: I wish I could tell you guys how many of these things I’ve eaten lately. Noah likes them, too so we’ve knocked out several boxes as of late. At least they are reduced fat. And somewhat healthy. Right?
- Nothing as of late! But, the husband was cooking with Soy Sauce (which I don’t eat anyway) the other day and I almost gagged.
- Back Pain/Round Ligament Pain: I can’t really differentiate the two anymore. My back hurts from the middle of my back all the way down to my lower back. I mentioned it to the doctor at my last appointment and have some sessions scheduled with a Prenatal Massage Therapist. I can’t sit or stand for too long or else it’s killer, so I do a lot of rotating and getting up and down during the day.
- Swelling in hands and feet: My feet swell the worst in the morning since that’s when I do most of my work and don’t have them propped up. My hands swell at night so I can’t sleep in my rings. It’s not terrible, but it gives me an excuse to relax and kick my feet up every day.
- Constant Hunger: I literally feel like I can’t get enough to eat these days. I am starving ALL the time.
- Stomach Stretching: I’m not sure if this is an actual pregnancy symptom, but I can feel my stomach stretching these days. I gained most of my weight with Noah from weeks 24-32, so I’m almost dreading the next few weeks. My starting weight was higher this time than it was with Noah (by 15 pounds or so…thank you Kodiak and my sweet first born for that extra weight), and I can feel my belly expanding.
- Early Signs of Stretch marks: See the above mentioned symptom. I only had stretch marks on my legs with Noah…but I’m starting to see some purple making its way across my stomach these days. I’m not sure I’m going to get away so easily this time.
Baby Boy!! Did you guys see the photos from our Gender Reveal Party?!
What I’m looking forward to:
- Gran Gran’s coming to visit in 37 Days! I haven’t seen my mom in almost two years. TWO YEARS, guys. She’ll be here in mid September and we are excited. She’s staying through Christmas and will be there with us when Jonah arrives. Not to mention, her first born Grandson is dying to see his Gran.
- Our first baby shower. A friend of ours is throwing our first baby shower in September. So excited!
- Pulling together the last few things for the boys rooms.
What I miss:
Nothing of significance this week…unless you count being able to get comfortable at night.
August 16…the last of my four week checkups! Getting ready to move to three’s and two’s in the next month or so!
The innovation and lifestyle behind JJ Cole was inspired by young parents over 14 years ago. Since that time, we have continued to create and design products with parents in mind – products that will make today simpler and tomorrow more memorable. We understand how challenging parenting can be, but also know how rewarding and satisfying it is to be called mom and dad. We strive to portray the enthusiasm we experience within our own families into the design of our products.
JJ Cole products are designed to fit the busy lifestyle of today’s parent. We look to the feedback of caring parents and our own personal experiences to create products that help solve your needs. You provide the inspiration that helps us create the products you know and love.
Want to see your shop or store featured here? Check out this information on how you can become an official sponsor of baby Jonah!