I have kind of been slacking in the area of posting new and updated photos of the Little dude on my blog. So today, I thought I would share a few of the latest [and greatest] pictures of Little Man. Some are from when his daddy was home, some are from just the other day at a birthday party we went to. I think he’s beginning to realize that his obsessive mommy isn’t going to get out of his face with the camera…so he may as well learn to pose.
The little guy is growing like a WEED. I’m having a hard time accepting the fact that he is going to be TWO in just a few short months. Where on EARTH has the time gone? It seems like yesterday I was writing this post and welcoming him into the world. And now here he is. He’s a few days shy of 21 months old and is every bit boy.
At 21 months, Little Man has:
- Welcomed his daddy home from being gone for longer than any of us really liked.
- Told his daddy goodbye, this time for 5 months.
- Gone to his first ‘big movie’ to see Toy Story 3.
- Totally and completely fallen in love with all things Toy Story. We own 3 different size Buzz Lightyears, a Woody doll, numerous miniature figures, books, t-shirts, pajamas, coloring books…you name it and we have something.
- Been to his first Atlanta Braves Baseball Game:
- Been to the Aquarium for the first time:
- Been to an airport and was totally mesmerized by the planes.
- Learned how to throw things in the garbage when told.
- Learned how to understand and follow most basic instructions.
- Began to show an interest in coloring and drawing…resulting in him receiving his first box of crayons and coloring books.
- Broadened his vocabulary to the point that I can’t even include what all words he can say in a post.
- Become a stickler for hygiene. He loves to take baths, loves to brush his teeth, and doesn’t like to get his hands or feet dirty. I’m holding my breathe for how long this lasts.
- Remained a wonderful eater. He stills eats most everything put in front of him, including veggies. And absolutely loves Grapes.
- Walking is a thing of the past…running is the only option.
- Begun requesting, quite verbally, “Brother. Brother.” Where he learned it and why he’s saying it, is beyond me.
- Almost completely learned how to swim on his own [with floaties of course] but without someone holding onto him. He doesn’t want to be ‘assisted.’ He wants to do it all on his own, and has no fear in going under the water. At all.
- Been to his first water park and loved it.
He’s still a pistol ball. Still wide open. Still an early bird, though the wake up calls are more frequently coming around 8:00 or 8:30 these days and I’m loving it. I never realized what a difference a mere hour can make in your day. He loves his daddy tremendously and looks forward to seeing him on the webcam every night. Aside from his daddy, the only other ‘man’ in his life, is his PawPaw. He is his Paw Paw’s boy through and through. Rotten little thing.
He’s still doing really well with the separation thing. Being away from his daddy can’t be easy, but he’s handling it really, really well. There are rare days when I can tell that he misses him. He stands by the computer all day and whines and cries wanting to talk to him on the webcam. But for the most part he seems to understand what’s going on and why daddy isn’t here. I think that the 3 1/2 weeks Hubby was home helped out a lot. I feel like they really got to spend some time together and I think that has made a big, big difference. We’re planning on flying out in October for Little Man’s birthday, so hopefully we won’t have any major separation issues until then.
Hope you guys have a great Monday and a wonderful week! If you’re somewhere in the southern states like I am, try to stay cool. This 100 degree and above whether is RIDICULOUS!!!