How far along:
17 weeks and 1 day
How big is the baby:
Your baby’s skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she’s around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.(via Baby Center)
Total weight gain:
I don’t know for sure because our scale tends to be slightly off, but I think about 6 pounds.
Having a hard time getting to sleep, but once I’m there, I sleep like a rock. I’ve started adding more pillows to my “must have in order to rest” pile. Right now I’m sleeping with the usual two under my head, one under my chest/stomach and one between my knees. In the beginning I was sleeping mostly on my right side, but I’m finding it harder to get comfortable on that side right now and tend to fall asleep on my left side.
Yep. I’m still wearing some regular shirts from American Eagle that stretch out and have some growing room, but I am wearing some maternity shirts, too.
Best moment of the last two weeks:
We’ve had some beautiful weather here in Kodiak the last few days. The weekend was perfect with the temperatures hovering between 60-70 both days. The sun was shining and it felt like one of the perfect Spring days in the South. We did some grilling and rearranged our living room on Friday night and then spent the day with the husband for his birthday on Saturday. Had some friends over, played corn hole, and ate. Waaaay too much. Sunday we took Noah to see “Madagascar 3” (afro circus…afro circus…afro…polka dot…polka dot…polka dot…afro…) and spent the afternoon with some friends. It was genuinely one of those perfect weekends and I was pretty bummed to see the week start over.
- Sweet Tea: Still drinking lots of it (decaf) and loving it.
- Potato Chips: Just plain chips these days. I made some yummy ranch dip this weekend and I’ve been killing the chips and dip the last few days. My mom and sister sent me a box of Golden Flake Dill Pickle Chips the other day that I’m loving, too. They have always been my favorites.
- Carbs: Potatoes, Bread, Toast, Waffles…anything of the sorts.
- Meat: We grilled steak on Saturday for the husband’s birthday. Everyone else was chowing down on steak and potatoes…I was enjoying fruit and chips. I’ve had ZERO desire to eat meat lately. No chicken. No beef. No nothing.
- Really sweet smelling food: I like to eat sweet stuff. But if I catch a whiff of something that smells really sweet, it makes me gag.
- Morning Sickness: Still battling this off and on. Some days I have no issues, but others I can’t seem to get it to go away. I’ve been taking B6 on the days that I wake up feeling nauseous (because I know that if I wake up with it, it’s not going to go away on its own) and it’s helping a lot. Dramamine still works, too, but I only take it before bed if I absolutely have to.
- Heartburn: Holy moly. This is killing me at bedtime. It started about the middle of the week last week and it hits every single night when I lay down. REALLY bad. Like, keep me up for 2 hours bad. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on which way you look at it) the husband has issues with heartburn almost daily and we always have Rantanidine in the house. It knocks it out quick.
- Back pain: This is only an issue on the days that I work too much. My computer chair isn’t the most comfortable in the world, so if I sit for several hours, I typically end up regretting it by the end of the day.
- Crazy, Weird Nightmares: I didn’t have these with Noah, but I’ve heard lots of people talk about pregnancy dreams. I’ve been having some nutcase dreams as of late. Most of them have been on the creepy side and a few times I’ve had to pry myself from sleep because the dream was freaking me out.
Don’t know yet…What do you think?
What I’m looking forward to:
Scheduling our gender reveal ultrasound tomorrow! We’re planning a fun gender reveal party with some of our closest friends and I’m working on a fun giveaway for you guys! Can’t wait to start buying baby clothes and nursery stuff.
What I miss:
Eating. I mentioned this last week, but I’m kind of annoyed with not wanting anything to eat. I almost wish I had strong cravings a few times a day so I would at least want something to eat. Not having any idea what I want to eat is annoying.