How far along:
15 weeks and 4 days
How big is the baby:
Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She’s busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she’s likely to move away from the beam. There’s not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby’s a boy or a girl! (Don’t be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby’s sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby’s position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to “hide the goods.”) (via Baby Center)
Total weight gain:
Four pounds give or take depending on what time of day I weigh.
Sleeping really deep right now. I’m sleeping with a pillow between my knees and one tucked under my stomach. The husband and I are debating on whether to invest in a king size bed because the pillows seem to be taking up more and more space. Haha.
Yep. I’m still wearing some regular shirts from American Eagle that stretch out and have some growing room, but I am wearing some maternity shirts, too.
Best moment of the last three weeks:
We heard the baby’s heartbeat at my last checkup. It was 148+. We couldn’t get an exact definite count because s/he kept moving around whenever we started to count the beats. I got the first order of gender neutral baby clothes in the mail the other day! Just a few little onesies, some pants, etc. We also made our first baby purchases here in Kodiak…a pack of bottles, a box of diapers and a box of wipes. We didn’t get the first thing of diapers or wipes when we were expected Noah, so we intend to stockpile this time. I just wish I remembered how long he was wearing Newborn Diapers and how long it was before we moved up sizes…
- Deviled Eggs: Noah and I were watching “The Help” the other night and they were eating Deviled Eggs. I ended up getting up at nearly midnight (don’t worry, I was still awake) to make a batch of them. I ended up eating every single one. But, I’m not even going to tell you how many I cooked. Ahem…
- Cheez-it’s: No real reason for this one. Noah had some the other day, I snacked on a few and then couldn’t put them down. Polished off one box and went to buy another.
- Sour Punch Sour Straw Candy: I used to love these when I was a teenager. They sold them at the city ball park and I always got a pack (or three) when we went to my sisters softball games. They’re super hard to find here in Kodiak, but I stumbled upon the bite size bags at Safeway the other day. The strawberry ones in particular are my favorites.
- Sweet Tea: I’m a southern girl as it is, but I’ve been loving some good ice cold sweet tea lately.
Still no aversions. Just a general “I can’t find anything I like” kind of mood. Every once in a while a craving will hit, but otherwise, I’m just not feeling much of anything.
- Stretching, pulling and tugging in my abdomen. Baby Bean must be growing because I’ve been having some achiness and soreness for the last several days. More so when I get up or down out of bed or when I roll over at night. My belly is definitely growing, so I know that has a lot to do with it.
- Mood Swings: I’m still having issues with this. 🙂 I can go from one extreme to the next in a matter of seconds.
- Fatigue: Though my general overall energy level is somewhat back to normal, the days where I spend a lot of time cleaning or organizing or folding clothes, etc. I have a tiredness that overcomes me. I’m finding that I have to rest a bit more than usual so I am having to break up housecleaning into different days.
- Morning Sickness: This reared its ugly head again this week a few days. I actually got sick for the first time Wednesday night. It was…awful. Ugh. I hate getting sick. Fortunately, I’ve found that Dramamine really helps and I’ve been keeping some small snacks beside the bed at night so that when (and if) I wake up to use the bathroom, I can grab something quick to put in my stomach so that I don’t wake up sick.
Don’t know yet…What do you think?
What I’m looking forward to:
We schedule our Gender Reveal Ultrasound at my next doctors appointment! I’m not sure if they’ll do it a week or two early or make us wait until 20 weeks, but either way, we should know this little bean’s gender by the second week in July! I’m actually planning to have a fun Gender Reveal Giveaway here on my blog in the next couple of weeks, so keep your eyes out for that!
Also looking forward to hearing the heartbeat again and finally starting to buy baby stuff. We haven’t bought much because we don’t know if it’s a boy or a girl, so shopping is on my to-do list!
What I miss:
Ummm…nothing much this week. I slightly miss being able to just eat whatever without being completely turned off by it or nauseated by it. Before I was pregnant, I was game to have whatever, whenever. But my aversion to food in general in kind of annoying.